Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Recovering From Disappointment


   This week had it's ups and downs for me. Most of my training runs were off a bit. But there were a couple of good runs including a 50 meter sprint interval I did poolside, and a good group training run I did. That was Thursday night at Fleet Feet of Stuart , where I ran 4 miles in a little over 34:00. Thanks guys.

   Unfortunately my first race of 2014 didn't 't go as good as I wanted. I ran the Race for the Coach 5k in downtown Fort Pierce. My time was 24:04. I came in second in my age group . Thank god. Actually I was at 23:28 at the 3 mile mark but still I should have been under 24:00 for overall time.

    While there have been factors that have been less than favorable lately ( cold, strong headwind, muscle pulls, etc) that doesn't change the fact I could and should have done better. I'm going to start putting more intervals back into my training along with beach and hill runs. Crying doesn't help, solutions do.


    My pull up training has been going good. Pull up training 5-6 days a week. This week never less
than 20 reps in a workout although most days I averaged 60-70 reps. In fact Wednesday I did the 4 x 20:00 interval again, reaching 80 reps. And Saturday using a pyramid method  hit 100! Yes you read right. I worked my way from 1 up to 10 pull ups, then worked  my way back down to 1. I also did 45 pistols ( 1 leg squats) as part of this workout .1 - 5 reps per set. Alternating each leg at a time. I also did kettle bell swings.  I won't lie , this workout took over 2 hours! But it was worth it .


     I know it's cliche but champions , while they may fall down, they get up again and keep swinging . Keep that in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment