Monday, January 15, 2018

Finishing 2017 On A Good Note



        As an NASM PES I try to start with me, leading by example. And that means improving my performance where I can. Even if it's just by a little bit.

     One area I'm pretty good at is pull ups. And I finished 2017 with a new personal record of 21 reps! Yes I know it's just a 1 rep improvement but it's moving forward which is what we want. Whatever your activity ( running, overhead pressing, swimming,etc) I think any improvement , no matter how small, should be viewed positively.

       I've written about how to train pull ups previously. The only new things I suppose I've done is once every week or two I'd push it with 10 reps per set, along with other exercises , averaging about 5:00 - 6:00 per set x 10 sets. Or once  every week or two train to failure, like max out at 16 or 17, reps,then keep maxing out with minimal rest until I hit 50 reps.

    I'd like to add these ideas can apply to most high rep exercises , like push ups, sit ups,etc, not just pull ups.

    I hope everybody has a productive 2018, contact me with any training questions or suggestions at mbrls2000@yahoo.com. Be sure to like and follow.

       https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7zlI-0x-WE&t=21s





No comments:

Post a Comment